Slideshow

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Not a Dresden wannabe ... a Dresden just-as-good-as

Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)Hounded by Kevin Hearne

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Here's the thing... my favorite series ... of all ... is Jim Butcher's Dresden Files.  Yes, he beats out Hitchhiker's Guide... and Lee Child's Reacher novels, Evanovich's Plum wackiness.

Dresden beat them all in my book...or, er, the books all beat them out in my book, ... er,not my books, like the ones I wrote ... but...

Never mind that.

Anyway, the problem with Dresden is Butcher can't crank them out as fast as I can read them. So what to do between Dresden books? Well, there's Child, Evanovich, Adams and all of them, but still, I start going into Dresden withdrawal.

And then I discovered Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles.

Stop, I know what you're going to say. "iron druid," yeah, pretty bad.

But the books are awesome, like Dresden, but not like Dresden.  There are so many comparisons, like snarkiness, cool special effects (well, in a book way), fun likable characters, a cool dog, sexy sidekick ...

Some people might be bugged that they are too similar, but it works for me.  They are just awesome.

Get all three:  Hexed, Hounded, Hammered, and whatever future book he writes!

Norm

http://www.normcowie.com

fantasy/humor author

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment